California State Park Passes
Are you a frequent visitor to a favorite state park or love to sample the beauty of the state from north to south? A California State Parks Pass may be for you. Our park passes offer something for everyone and make great gifts throughout the year, including free passes for fourth graders, CalWORKs families, Supplemental Security Income recipients, and distinguished veterans. We invite you to explore this webpage and find the right pass for you.
Below you will find key resources and a list of the available passes.
Note for all passes: A lost or damaged pass may be replaced only through reapplication and no refunds can be issued.
NEW Pilot Programs
- California State Parks Adventure Pass (free): This new pass provides free entry for fourth graders and their families at 19 select state parks throughout the state.
- California State Parks Library Pass (free): [Program will launch in April 2022.] A new pilot collaboration between State Parks and California State Libraries will provide free passes to every public library throughout the state. Library patrons can check these out and use them for free vehicle day-use access to parks across the state.
- California State Parks Boat Use Annual Pass ($100): An add-on pass for passholders of other State Parks passes to cover the fee charged for boat use.
- California State Parks “California Explorer” Vehicle Day Use Annual Pass ($195): Valid for vehicle entrance to 134 state parks, including the high demand Southern California beaches along the Orange, Los Angeles and San Diego Coasts.
- California State Parks "Golden Poppy" Vehicle Day Use Annual Pass ($125): This popular pass is back. The pass provides vehicle entrance to 112 state parks including most reservoirs and many popular destination parks and northern California beaches.
- California State Parks "Historian Passport" Day Use Admission Annual Pass ($50): Allows admission to up to four people to State Historic Parks that generally charge a per-person admission fee. Some of the sites pass holders can tour include a California mission, see where the gold rush happened and experience Native American culture.
- OHV Vehicle Day Use Annual Pass ($50): Provides entry to State Vehicular Recreation Areas (i.e. off-highway vehicle designated trails and/or open space areas) where day-use fees are collected for passenger vehicles with a capacity of nine people or less.
- Oversized Vehicle Pass ($75): An add-on pass for passholders of other State Parks passes to cover the fee charged for vehicles 25+ feet in length or 9+ feet in width.
- SNO-Park Pass ($40/$15): Provides access to 21 SNO-PARK winter recreation areas either for a day or for the season.
- "Tahoe Regional" Annual Pass ($75): Visitors can use this pass to visit Lake Tahoe State Parks such as D.L. Bliss SP, Ed Z'Berg Sugar Pine Point SP, Emerald Bay SP and Kings Beach SRA, and even includes Donner Memorial SP.
- California State Parks Disabled Discount Pass ($3.50): A pass for individuals with permanent disabilities, entitling them to a 50% discount on vehicle day-use, family camping, and boat-use fees.
- California State Parks Distinguished Veteran Pass (free): A pass for distinguished war veterans that entitles the passholder to use of all basic facilities (day-use, camping, and boating) in state parks for free.
- California State Parks Golden Bear Pass (free): Provides free vehicle day-use access to over 200 parks to Californians with limited incomes (CalWORKs recipients, SSI recipients, and those whose incomes fall under a certain threshold).
- California State Parks Limited Use Golden Bear Pass ($20): A pass for individuals 62 years or older that provides the pass holder and their spouse/domestic partner with free entry to many state parks during non-peak season.
For questions or more information, please contact the Park Pass Sales Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.