Friends of Mt. Tam
Friends of Mt Tam is a volunteer organization whose purpose is to promote the conservation, education and interpretation of at Mount Tamalpais State Park in Marin County. The organization's main activities include:
* Staffing at the East Peak Visitor Center
* Sponsoring interpretive hikes and astronomy programs for the public
* Sale or free distribution of interpretive and educational materials
* Aiding in conserving and interpreting Mt Tamalpais State Park
* Fund-raising to support these activities
The association prides itself as being a group of individuals of varied interests, ages, and backgrounds who are linked together by a love of Mount Tamalpais State Park.
For more information or to join, visit the Friends of Mt Tam website at www.freindsofmttam.org.
California State Parks has a valuable relationship with more than 80 cooperating associations authorized pursuant to Public Resource Code 513. These non-profit charitable organizations are dedicated to enhancing the educational and interpretive programs in California State Parks. Associations are related to, but independent of the state parks they serve.
Many associations have websites. California State Parks encourages you to visit these websites, however do not guarantee the content, timeliness or accuracy of the materials on these sites.