Special Event, Fishing Tournament, and Film Permits
Special Event Permit Policy
Any company, society, organization, or group of persons greater than 25 individuals that wishes to hold, conduct, or participate in any celebration, service, picnic, or other special event in any park or beach must obtain a Special Event Permit in accordance with State Park rules and regulations (California Code of Regulations, Title 14, Section 4031(j).
Special Event Permits are required if any of the following conditions exists:
1. When the Department determines that the event will create a greater potential hazard or liability to the State than incurred through typical park use;
2. When the activity includes the exclusive use of an area within the Park;
3. When the activity interferes significantly with the public's use of an area within the Park;
4. When additional staffing or staff time is required; or
5. Where items or services are sold, or fees are charged of participants.
A Special Event Permit is required, regardless of size, for:
2. Athletic events or competitions (including Bass tournaments)
3. Group events (clubs, r.v. rallies, etc.)
4. Events involving the installation of equipment (e.g. party tents, chairs, platforms, stages, bleachers, etc.)
5. Events involving voice or music amplification (e.g. public address systems, disc jockeys, bands, etc.)
6. Use of buildings or rental halls.
7. Alcohol permit for any day use area.
8. Children's inflatable bounce houses/slides in the park.
FEES: $25.00 non-refundable processing fee.
Permits must be submitted at least 30 days before the event. Permits submitted less than 30 days before the event will be subject to a $100.00 late rush fee. Permits will not be accepted less than 14 days before an event (10 days for fishing tournaments).
Please thoroughly read the Special Event Permit Packet and follow the instructions to ensure that your event can be approved. Submission of a packet does not guarantee approval.
Special Event Permit Packet
Fishing Tournaments of any size require a DPR Special Event Permit, in addition to the Department of Fish and Game permit.
1. Special Event Permit
2. Copies of the Department of Fish and Game Permit(s)
3. Certificate of General Liability Insurance.
4. Payment of required permit fees to California Department of Parks and Recreation
Please download and thoroughly read the following Fishing Tournament Permit Packet and follow the instructions in order to complete your permit process.
Fishing Tournament Permit Packet (PDF)
RV Rallies are given special pricing during our off season between October 1st and April 30th. A minimum of 5 RV’s are required to qualify for the rally pricing.
Requests for very large groups are required 12 months in advance in order to arrange for the requested sites to be held. Smaller groups may be able to apply with less time, depending upon availability.
Lake Perris RV Rally Packet
The Lake Perris State Recreation Area is one of the State’s most popular recreation destinations. The lake is 3 miles long and 2 miles across with about 10 miles of accessible shoreline. The lake elevation is 1,560 feet and the average water temperature is about 70° degrees. Lake Perris is surrounded by mountains which have a vast amount of wildlife to explore.
Filming at Lake Perris requires a permit through the California Film Commission. For more information, visit the Filming in State Parks Webpage.
Filming in State Parks Webpage
Film Activity Form (Not a Permit)