Dogs & Other Pets
Know Before You Go
Dogs and other pets impact wildlife and other visitors, including disrupting to natural wildlife behavior. The presence of a pet disrupts your ability and others ability view wildlife. For the enjoyment of all our park visitors, please be aware of the following rules and laws if you will be visiting the park with your pet:
- Dogs must be on leash. The leash must be 6ft or shorter.
- Pets are NOT allowed on any trails or in giant sequoia groves; near the river or creeks; in the open forest and meadows; or in the environmental campsites. This includes in strollers and backpacks.
- Pets may not be left unattended in the campground.
- Please clean up all pet waste
- If your dog is noisy, aggressive or causing problems, you may be asked to remove your dog from the park.
- Pets are not allowed in the Visitor Center and cabins.
Where can you go with dogs?
Dogs are allowed on fire roads, the paved roads, in the regular campgrounds, and the day use picnic areas.
If you have any questions, please call the park at (209) 795-7980.