OHV Access Initiative: Visioning Workshops. State Parks is hosting a visioning workshop for the public to share their input for the OHV Access Initiative. At the workshops, participants can:
- Learn about the process of selecting locations for new OHV facilities.
- Show us where they’d like to see the facilities in the State.
- Tell us what’s important when selecting the new facilities.
The next meeting will be in Bakersfield: Thursday, November 16, 2023, from 6 PM to 8 PM, Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield, 5101 California Ave, Bakersfield, CA 93309. For more information about the project, please visit https://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=31220.
Alameda-Tesla Project: State Parks invites you to join us for a visioning workshop for the Alameda-Tesla Plan! Attend the in-person workshop at the Livermore Public Library, or choose the virtual version held on Zoom. The same material will be covered at both workshops. Please visit https://alamedateslaplan.com/participate/ to learn more about the project. At the workshop, you will:
- Meet the project team.
- Learn more about the property and the project.
- Have opportunities to share your vision for the future of the Alameda-Tesla property.
In-Person Workshop: November 14, 2023, 5:30 pm–8:00 pm; Livermore Library; 1188 S Livermore Ave, Livermore [RSVP at: https://tinyurl.com/AlamedaTeslaWorkshop]
Virtual Workshop: November 28, 2023, 6:00 pm–7:30 pm; Virtual / Online; Online, Online [RSVP at: https://tinyurl.com/AlamedaTeslaWorkshop2]
NOTICE OF PREPARATION of an Environmental Impact Report for the Hungry Valley State Vehicular Recreation Area General Plan Update AND Announcement of a Public Scoping Meeting
California Department of Parks and Recreation (State Parks), as the Lead Agency, is preparing a General Plan Update and associated Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for Hungry Valley State Vehicular Recreation Area (SVRA). Publication of the Notice of Preparation (NOP) provides an opportunity for public comment on the environmental impacts to be addressed in the EIR. The full NOP document and additional information about the Hungry Valley SVRA General Plan Update process is available at the project website (www.planhungryvalley.com).
Responses to the NOP must be sent within the 30-day comment period (11/02/2023 – 12/01/2023). Please mail written responses, including the name of a contact person, to:
Katie Metraux, Project Manager
Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division
P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, California 92496
Email comments should be sent to the following email address: info@PlanHungryValley.com
A virtual public scoping meeting will be held during the 30-day comment period on November 15, 2023 from 6:00-7:30pm. Please visit the website linked above for instructions on how to attend the meeting.
Division of Boating and Waterways Commission: The next Commission meeting will be held on Wednesday, December 6, in Crestline (San Bernardino County). The public is invited to participate in a tour of Lake Gregory Regional Park prior to the meeting.
- Tour: 9 a.m. at Lake Gregory Regional Park, 24171 Lake Drive, Crestline, CA 92325
- Meeting: 10 a.m. at San Moritz Lodge, 26640 San Moritz Drive, Crestline, CA 92325
Cal-Span Commission Recordings:
- California Boating and Waterways Commission
- California Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Commission
- California State Historical Resources Commission
- California State Park and Recreation Commission
Request For Proposals
CEQA - the California Environmental Quality Act, is a statute that requires state and local agencies to identify the significant environmental impacts of their actions and to avoid or mitigate those impacts, if feasible.
Additional CEQA Listings:
- Central California Parks - CEQA Notices Listing
- Northern California Parks - CEQA Notices Listing
- Southern California Parks - CEQA Notices Listing
Click the drop-down menus for additional information and resources.