Pismo State Beach offers all kinds of attractions: hiking, swimming, surf fishing, and digging for the famous Pismo clam. There are tree-lined dunes and the beach is popular with bird watchers. The park has the largest over-wintering colony of monarch butterflies in the U.S.
- Ocean Lagoon has a wheelchair-accessible fishing overhang.
- Four restaurants are within 2 blocks of the campground.
- ATV rentals are available within 2 blocks of the park.
- A trolly service provides access to the surrounding community.
Location - Directions
The beach is located in the town of Oceano off Highway 1.
Seasons - Climate - Recommended clothing
The weather can be changeable; layered clothing is recommended.
- Hours of Operation:
Call the park
- Park Office Telephone:
- Available Online Reservation:
Upcoming Weekend: NO
Within 2 Weeks: NOUpdated: 12/6/2013 1:07 PM
San Luis Obispo
Max Camper Length:
36 FeetMax Trailer Length
555 Pier Avenue
Oceano, CA 93445