San Elijo SB
Wi-Fi service is currently unavailable at San Elijo State Beach.
The Friends of Cardiff and Carlsbad State Beaches are currently accepting donations to repair the existing stairways that lead to the beach throughout the park. The project has already started at South Carlsbad. Be a part of this important project! Find out more! www.fccsb.org
Spring Break Juvenile Curfew
During the period of March 8, 2013-April 28, 2013, a juvenile curfew is in effect at both San Elijo State Beach and South Carlsbad State Beach. All juveniles must be accompanied by a legal guardian after 8PM if outside of their registered campsite.
Juveniles Must Camp with Parent or Legal Guardian
Juveniles intending to camp without a parent or legal guardian must, at the time of check-in, provide the following: Written consent including full name of parent or legal guardian, address and phone number and inclusive dates for which permission is granted to camp at the specific park unit.
Located on the San Diego Coast, San Elijo State Beach offers swimming, surfing, showers and picnicking. The narrow, bluff-backed stretch of sand has a nearby reef popular with snorkelers and divers.
A camp store and snack bar located near the campground entrance operates March through October and provides all the amenities a camper may need including some RV supplies, boogie boards, firewood, and is the home of the original Bull Taco snack bar http://bulltaco.com/ or telephone the camp store at (760) 436-6601.
Eli Howard Surf School is an Overnight surf camp which also provides summer surf camps, Weekend Escapes for adults and Scouts, private surf parties, surf rentals, & day surf lessons year round and is also located near the campground entrance http://www.elihoward.com/ or telephone (760) 809-3069.
In 2009, the California State Parks implemented service reductions in order to meet ongoing Departmental budget cuts. We have continued some service reductions and made changes to our operation to ensure that California State Parks achieves cost savings goals, minimizes disruption to visitors as much as possible and maintains revenue at the highest possible level. The service reductions and changes that may affect your visit include:
- The north "loop" of the campground will be closed from early November 2013 to mid-January 2014 and the south "loop" of the campground will be closed from mid-January 2013 to mid -March 2014 (exact dates to be posted.)
- Parking fees at day use lots are now collected by our new partner and concessionaire, LAZ Parking.
- Visitors are encouraged to 'Pack it in, Pack it out', so the beach remains free of trash.
- Limited Use Golden Bear Passes and Disabled Discount Passes can be purchased at the entrance kiosk daily from 11AM-1PM, or visit us online at http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=23800
- Lifeguard towers at San Elijo State Beach are on limited operation from Labor Day to Memorial Day. During the spring, fall and winter months "the Shoulder Season" lifeguards maintain a presence on the beach with a lifeguard on patrol specifically assigned to San Elijo State Beach.
Thank you for your continued support of San ElijoState Beach.
San Elijo State Beach extends along Coast Highway 101, 3/4 mile north from San Elijo Lagoon's entrance channel, near the community of Cardiff-by-the-Sea.
Exit Interstate 5 at Encinitas Blvd., head WEST.
Turn LEFT on So. Coast Hwy. Follow the Coast Hwy. south, about 2 miles.
- Hours of Operation:
Dawn to sunset
- Park Office Telephone:
San Diego CountyCounty
Max Camper Length:
35 FeetMax Trailer Length
Dawn to sunset